We’re looking for an experienced Cloud Data Consultant to join our growing team of consultants. The ideal candidate is passionate about identifying and rolling-out state-of-the art secure solutions that enable our client’s data scientists, engineers and analysts to sustainably derive more value out of their data faster – in the form of new platform components, frameworks and onboarding of cloud services for large-scale, robust and real-time data ingestion, processing, modeling & analytics.
Day 2 Day
As a Cloud Data Consultant at SBI you will be working as a consultant on projects where you will interact with peers and management levels at a client to understand their goals and explore how cloud-based systems and pipelines can be used optimally to enhance their existing data landscape. You will develop and deliver cloud architecture solutions that meet today’s growing demand for agile and cost-effective computing.
You will define all-round approaches for clients to migrate to the cloud (technology, people, processes) and design strategies and solutions that are scalable. You understand the strategic direction set by senior management and you develop and deliver strategies and solutions for cloud-based enterprise solutions that handle the data necessary for enterprise operations.
You democratize access to large-scale information assets for business users, communicate to stakeholders and share your knowledge with our client’s in-house teams. You stay updated on new and emerging markets and offerings that may be of interest to our clients.
Together with a team of passionate data experts, you will work on exciting projects for large companies and demonstrate eagerness to participate on a team designing, building and/or testing cloud infrastructure focused solutions and thoroughly document all facets of the solution.
Who are you
- Master or bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related field (or equivalent through experience)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Familiar with the following concepts: Operating Systems, Virtualization, Cloud computing and storage, Workload migration, Cloud management
- Certification(s) in one of the major Cloud platform (Azure, AWS or GCP) are a strong plus
- Proven experience with designing and building cloud-based data solutions and have a good understanding of operating model implications of cloud
- Experienced in building and executing a journey to cloud roadmap
- Experience in existing and upcoming data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, SQL, Flink, Cassandra, ELK, …) and like to stay in touch with new evolutions
- Able to understand business needs and requirements, as well as spotting optimization potential and know how to realize it with robust engineering
- Initial understanding on security implications of cloud
- Privacy and ethics are top of mind
- Good communication skills
- At least bilingual: English and French or Dutch
- Ability to get things done and take end-to-end ownership, either from home setting or remote office
What we offer
SBI Consulting offers you to work on a diversity of projects, giving you the chance to explore the world of data and analytics. Within our dynamic company, you will enjoy the possibility of evolving in both function and knowledge. Working with various specialists on different domains. You can benefit from a range training courses which give you the chance to find your own path. All of this backed by an attractive salary package and all kinds of extra benefits, in an entrepreneurial, service-oriented, interactive and informal company culture.
Want to join as a freelancer? No worries, we’re open to that so don’t hesitate to apply as well.
Then you can send your CV directly to Mathias (firstname.lastname@example.org), who’s eager to talk with you.
About SBI Consulting
We’re a passionate team of Data & Analytics experts, providing end-to-end data driven solutions. Founded in 2007 as part of the Cronos Group, we call upon our longstanding strong expertise of the SAS Business Analytics Framework and proven open-source and cloud platforms. We serve multiple clients in different sectors such as life sciences, government, utilities, banking and insurance, and help them in designing, integrating and supporting data & analytics solutions.