Who we are
“We”, “us” or “our” means SBI Consulting nv/sa, with its registered office at Veldkant 33A, 2550 Kontich and with company number BE 0890.199.979. We act as controller for the personal data we gather through your use of our website.
Since our Website makes use of “cookies”, we would like to inform you about the different types of cookies we use and which cookies our service providers use and how you can manage and block cookies.
Via-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of our Data Protection Officer;
By post: to SBI Consulting nv/sa, Veldkant 33 A, 2550 Kontich.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer, laptop or mobile device when you visit a website or certain pages of that specific website. The cookie allows that website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time and to apply them during subsequent visits, for example your preferred language.
Cookies usually contain the name of the website where the cookie has come from, how long the cookie will remain on your device (its expiry date), and a value which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
A distinction is made between strictly necessary cookies and other cookies.
The strictly necessary cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Website, for example for the security of our Website and its accessibility. By virtue of the applicable legislation, we are not required to ask your consent to use such cookies.
A further distinction on the basis of the category can be made according to the specific purpose of the cookie. For each of these categories (unless they are strictly necessary), we will ask your consent.
Cookies can be divided into the following categories:
- Permanent cookies and session cookies: The task of a permanent cookie is to recognize the web browser with a view to repeat visits to the Website, while the task of a session cookie is to recognize the web browser during the visit to the Website. Permanent cookies will remain stored on your computer or mobile device. Session cookies will be deleted at the end of every session.
- First party cookies and third party cookies: first party cookies are set by the Website itself. Third party cookies are set by other websites than our Website. This happens when our Website incorporates elements from other websites, such as social media plug-ins or advertisements that are put on our Website.
- Performance cookies and functional cookies: performance cookies monitor how the visitor uses the Website. This enables the website administrator to adjust and optimize the content and ease of use of the Website (for example: how many people have visited the different pages on the Website and which language is the most popular amongst our visitors). Functional cookies are cookies that remember your preferences when you use the Website, such as your chosen language, and will make the Website more user-friendly and enhancing your user experience.
Which cookies do we use?
We use so-called first party cookies and third party cookies. First party cookies are cookies that are created by the website itself to make it easier for you to use the website. Third party cookies are created by others. Third party cookies on our website come from Google and WordPress. When you view an embedded video, you may be activating third party cookies from YouTube.
We use the Google Analytics software to better understand how you interact with our website. This software may create a series of cookies to collect information and report anonymous statistics about the website. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the _ga cookie.
In addition, we use the following types of cookies:
- Analytical and performance cookies, with which we analyze web traffic, view the number of users of our website and see how visitors use our website. We use the following cookies for this: “_ga”, “_gat” and “_gid” from Google.
- Functional cookies, they save the choices you made on our website, which makes the website more user-friendly. We use the following functional cookie: “_icl_current_language” from WPML for WordPress.
- Targeting cookies, which collect information about the pages you have visited and the links you have followed so that online advertisements can be tailored to your interests. The following targeting cookies may be activated when you view an embedded video on YouTube: “1P_JAR”, “APISID”, “CONSENT”, “HSID”, “NID”, “SAPISID”, “SID”, “SIDCC” and “SSID ”. If you do not watch an embedded video from YouTube, these cookies will not be activated.
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies ;
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/ ;
- YouTube: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en .
Managing and blocking cookies
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-Website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge);
- or visit, http://aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/.