Azure Data Engineer
As an SBI professional, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with a variety of companies, ranging from Fortune 2000 companies to medium-sized businesses. Each project and client is different, giving you the chance to advance your career as you learn about new industries, businesses, and technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Azure Data Engineer to join our growing team of data & technology consultants. The ideal candidate is a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, passionate about building systems at scale and sharing new ideas with your colleagues.
Day 2 Day
As a Data Engineer at SBI you will be working as a consultant on projects where you will be responsible for building and managing data pipelines and data visualizations that powers analytics, insights, machine learning, and AI across our clients’ departments and functions. You will partner with our clients’ stakeholders and business teams to review and gather the data/reporting/analytics requirements and build trusted and scalable data models, data extraction processes, and data applications to help answer complex questions. You will design, build, test, and maintain scalable data pipelines and build high volume, distributed, and scalable data platform capabilities.
Together with the team, you develop the ETL flows needed to retrieve the data from the source systems, transform it according to the predefined business logic, and integrate it in the central data warehouse or offer it on the central data platform.
Data quality and robustness of the ETL processes are of great importance.
Alongside your expert advice, you will research, evaluate, and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing. Together with a team of passionate data & technology experts, you will work on data projects for large companies with the mission to help our clients enable the full potential out of their data. You are able to work independently and productively from remote.
Who are you
- You endorse our five core values: customer focus, passion, entrepreneurship, team spirit and integrity
- Overall 5+ years’ experience as Data Engineer / Lead designing and developing data pipelines as well as in the cloud, on-premise and hybrid.
- 3+ Years’ experience with Azure ecosystem is a must ( Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure Functions, Databricks, …)
- 3+ years of consulting or client service delivery experience within the Microsoft Azure product stack
- 3+ years of experience in developing data ingestion, processing, and analytical pipelines using Azure Services
- 1+ years experience with Python, PySpark, Spark or Java
- 1+ years MLOps/DevOps and CI/CD deployments is a must
- Experience in agile(scrum) development methodology
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in engineering in Computer Science or Information Technology is desired
- Able to understand business needs and requirements
- Proven analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at a given time
- Knowledge of one or multiple SAS modules is a plus
- Ideally fluency in Dutch or French and English (verbal & written)
What we offer
SBI Consulting offers you an entrepreneurial and leading role to contribute to the development of a growing company within the largest technology & consulting network (Cronos Group) of the Benelux. Within our dynamic company, you will enjoy the possibility of evolving in both function, experience and knowledge. Working with various specialists on different domains. You can benefit from a range training courses which give you the chance to find your own path. All of this backed by an attractive salary package and all kinds of extra benefits, in an entrepreneurial, service-oriented, interactive and informal company culture.
Want to join as a freelancer? No worries, we’re open to that so don’t hesitate to apply as well.
Then you can send your CV directly to Mathias (firstname.lastname@example.org), who’s eager to talk with you.
About SBI Consulting
We’re a passionate team of Data & Analytics experts, providing end-to-end data driven solutions. Since we were founded in 2007 as part of the Cronos Group, we’ve been driven forward by one mission: unleashing the power of data for the organizations that hire us. We aim to be a valued partner to our clients, helping them with the entire data and analytics lifecycle – from strategy to implementation – so they can make sense of their data and use it to solve complex business problems. We serve multiple clients in different sectors such as life sciences, government, utilities, banking and insurance, and help them in designing, integrating and supporting data & analytics solutions.