We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing team of data & technology consultants. The ideal candidate is a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, passionate about building systems at scale and sharing new ideas with your colleagues.
Day 2 Day
As a Data Engineer at SBI you will be working as a consultant on projects where you will be responsible for building and managing data pipelines and data visualizations that powers analytics, insights, machine learning, and AI across our clients’ departments and functions. You will partner with our clients’ stakeholders and business teams to review and gather the data/reporting/analytics requirements and build trusted and scalable data models, data extraction processes, and data applications to help answer complex questions. You will design, build, test, and maintain scalable data pipelines and build high volume, distributed, and scalable data platform capabilities.
Alongside your expert advice, you will research, evaluate, and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing. Together with a team of passionate data & technology experts, you will work on data projects for large companies with the mission to help our clients enable the full potential out of their data. You are able to work independently and productively from remote.
Who are you
- Empathetic, structured problem solver who is passionate about building systems at scale
- Solid understanding of disciplines such as database engineering and software development
- Proficient in database schema design, analytical and operational data modeling
- Proven experience working with large datasets and big data ecosystem for computing (spark, Kafka, Hive or similar), orchestration tools (airflow, oozie, luigi), and storage (S3, Hadoop, DBFS)
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala, etc. and rock-solid SQL skills
- Experience in developing, publishing, and maintaining sophisticated reports/dashboards/visualization, using tools like SAS, Tableau, or PowerBI
- Strong hands-on experience in designing and developing curated datasets for data science and machine learning
- Able to understand business needs and requirements
- Proven analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at a given time
- Knowledge of one or multiple SAS modules is a plus
- Ideally fluency in Dutch or French and English (verbal & written)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Ability to effectively work independently, in a virtual setting, either from home setting or remote office
What we offer
SBI Consulting offers you to work on a diversity of projects, giving you the chance to explore the world of data and analytics. Within our dynamic company, you will enjoy the possibility of evolving in both function and knowledge. Working with various specialists on different domains. You can benefit from a range training courses which give you the chance to find your own path. All of this backed by an attractive salary package and all kinds of extra benefits, in an entrepreneurial, service-oriented, interactive, and informal company culture.
Want to join as a freelancer? No worries, we are open to that so do not hesitate to apply as well.
Then you can send your CV directly to Mathias (firstname.lastname@example.org), who is eager to talk with you.
About SBI Consulting
We are a passionate team of Data & Analytics experts, providing end-to-end data driven solutions. Founded in 2007 as part of the Cronos Group, we call upon our longstanding strong expertise of the SAS Business Analytics Framework and proven open-source and cloud platforms. We serve multiple clients in different sectors such as life sciences, government, utilities, banking, and insurance, and help them in designing, integrating, and supporting data & analytics solutions.